CBD Oil Dosage Guideline
Today, the use of cannabidiol, particularly CBD oil, has been accepted by the general public as a supplement and an alternative to pharmaceuticals. That being said, the “best” dosage of cannabidiol is still being under review. Medical professionals and scientists are only starting to come up with dosing schedules for medical marijuana, hemp, as well as CBD oil.
Is There a Universally Prescribed Dosage?
Although many states are now legalizing medical marijuana, there are still physicians who are reluctant to prescribe cannabinoids such as CBD. That is because doctors can only recommend cannabinoids, not prescribe them, and there is also no recommended daily allowance for everyone. It can also be due to the fact that the majority of medical schools do not include cannabidiol or CBD therapy in their curriculum.
One thing to keep in mind is that everyone is different. This is why it is very difficult to come up with a universally prescribed dosage. There are factors including weight, diet, genetics, environment, product consistency, metabolism, and many others that need to be taken into account. In this article, the dosage guidelines will be outlined. However, it is important to note that this information only serves as a reference - not medical advice. At best, these CBD dosage guidelines are simply estimates, in which people who have never taken CBD can follow. It is highly recommended that beginners start with a small CBD dosage. This way, the dose can gradually increase until they attain the results that they want.
CBD Dosage Guidelines
According to CBD Oil Review (COR), the serving standard for CBD is 25mg, taken twice per day. Based on the analysis of hundreds of CBD products, you can increase the amount of CBD every 3-4 weeks by 25mg until the desired effects are achieved. However, you should reduce the dosage by 25mg if the symptoms become worse. It can be very helpful to write in a journal to keep track of your experiences. This way, you can figure out the right amount of dosage that works best for you. The amount of CBD oil that you should take should be based on expert opinion, scientific research, publications, and traditional use.
If you are using cannabinoid as a medicinal treatment, you need to keep in mind that the dosage and duration of treatment will largely depend on the illness itself, among other factors. Below is a chart that outlines specific cannabinoids dosage guidelines for different illnesses:
- Loss of Appetite From Cancer Treatments: 2.5mg of THC (orally), with or without 1mg of CBD for 6 weeks
- Chronic Pain: 2.5 - 20mg of CBD [with or without THC] (orally)
- Epilepsy: 200 - 300mg of CBD (orally) per day
- Movement Issues Due to Huntington’s Disease: 10mg of CBD per kg of body weight daily for 6 weeks (orally)
- Sleep Disorders: 40mg - 160mg of CBD (orally)
- Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis: Cannabis plant extracts with 2.5 - 120 milligrams of a THC/CBD combination per day for 2 - 15 weeks. Most patients use eight sprays within any three hours, with a maximum of 48 sprays in a 24-hour period
- Schizophrenia: 40 - 1,280mg oral CBD per day
- Glaucoma: A single sublingual CBD dosage of 20-40mg, as more than 40 mg can increase eye pressure
If you’re looking for the best CBD oil, Black Panther is the place to go. We have a wide variety of CBD products that everyone can enjoy. Contact us or visit our CBD store today for more information.